Uptime monitor status cant use KQL to select specific synthetic monitor

Hello,

Our elastic cloud stack (8.9.1) currently has following issue, where I can not use the KQL to create a alert for a specific synthetic monitor. The screenshot below shows the info "0 Monitors" selected.

Has anyone ever experienced a similar issue or could think about possible solutions?

Hello @niecore ,

It might be related to synthetics-* being not included anymore as default in uptime settings. Can you check what are you uptime index pattern settings? and which indices contains data?

Regards

Hello @shahzad31,

The "Uptime settings" page is not available on our instance. I thought the uptime monitor is using the "synthetic monitors".

Could you think of a configuration that disables our uptime settings?

Yes please go to kibana advanced settings, search with uptime. You will see a flag which will show that you can always show uptime app.

@niecore

@shahzad31 this solved the problem. Thank you!

We recommend using Synthetics app. Uptime app will always be there. But new features are being constantly added to Synthetics app. So i will recommend maybe move setup to Public Locations or Private locations using synthetics app.

Would love to hear if you are having any challenges there.

Best Regards

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.