Using an image as a map in a kibana dashboard

Hello everybody.

The thing is I must use a a facory layout I got in an image as a map in a dashboard and I don't know how. I guess I should add coordenates to that image and then upload it in some way. Is there anybody who has already done this?

Subsequently, I would like to add some dots to the map with a condicion to determine the color of this dots. That would be awesome!

Thanks in advance for your help!

1 Like

If I understand correctly what you are trying to do, this blog post may help you Kibana and a Custom Tile Server for NHL Data | Elastic Blog

1 Like

@Stratoula_Kalafateli is correct. There is no way to upload images to Elasticsearch to be used as a background and a planar coordinate system is actually more a hack of assuming it as geographic coordinates so they need to be in the domain of [180,-180] for the X axis and [90,-90] for the Y axis.

The blog post explains how to convert an image into a tile service that follows the tiled web map spec. You can use many Open Source software to do this, not only GeoServer.

Alternatively, if the layout of your factory is not too complicated and you don't have hard requirements in styling, is probably much easier for you to trace it into a vector dataset as a GeoJSON file and then upload it to Elasticsearch with Kibana to render it directly in Kibana Maps. Think of it like in a normal map replacing the standard basemap by the world countries dataset.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Thank you so much

Thank you

I have followed all steps onw by one. I got a layer created in a workspace, but i am not able to access to any of the layers throught the url: http://localhost:8080/geoserver/topp/wms

(topp is a sample in geoserver)

The answer is the following:

Could not determine geoserver request from http request org.geoserver.platform.AdvancedDispatchFilter$AdvancedDispatchHttpRequest@28ce20c2

Any idea about what's wrong?

Thanks

I'm afraid that is specific to GeoServer and it'd be hard for us to support you.

As a starter, check if you are able to load for example from this demo that also has the demo layer you want and maybe from there, and very likely inspecting your browser requests from the dev tools, check why you are getting that error.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.