Looking for guidance on how to add a map using GeoServer

Hi there Elastic team,

I'm looking for some guidance on how to add a custom map using a geoserver. I have went over the instructions on this blog Kibana and a Custom Tile Server for NHL Data | Elastic Blog and and I can't make it to work. I'm using Kibana 7.17 and GeoServer 2.20. Any guidance on how to troubleshoot this? I couldn't find any errors or relevant events in the kibana.log file. Any information would be highly appreciated

Thanks

Azulgrana

I forgot to say, my goal is to place a building map on my dashboard and visualize events on it. I have also created the GeoTIFF file and it looks good when I preview the layer on the GeoServer.

Again any guidance would be super appreciated,

Thanks

Azulgrana

Have you tried viewing the network traffic from the browser to your GeoServer? Are any requests getting made? What do the requests look like? What do the responses look like? Are there any errors? This is a good place to start troubleshooting issues.

To view network traffic, add a WMS layer to your map that points to the layer served from your GeoServer. Then open your browsers network tab. You should see requests to your GeoServer for tiles.

Have you seen our troubleshooting guide to see if you are experiencing any common problems for tiles not displaying?

Thanks @Nathan_Reese for the info. I'll take a look at the troubleshooting guide

Azulgrana

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.