Using Slack for notification alerts

Hi,
I want to create some notification alerts for a kubernetes cluster that i am monitoring and send them to a Slack channel. I am using watcher to configure these threshhold alerts. I followed the steps for creating the Slack action as provided in the reference:

1. Created Slack incoming webhook.
  2. On Elastic Cloud deployment, under security, added a new entry to elastic keystore with setting : "xpack.notification.slack.account.monitoring.secure_url" and the value being the webhook URL.

However, under Actions for Slack, the message still says that account for slack is not configured and needs to be done so. Please advice how i can get the slack notifications configured for sending alerts.

My Elastic Cloud deployment version is 7.4.0.

Thanks

Just to be sure, this is a keystore setting, did you follow those steps? https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/cloud/current/ec-configuring-keystore.html

@spinscale yes, that's how i configured it. xpack.notification.slack.account.monitoring.secure_url as the setting and the Slack webhook URL as the single string value of secret.

Just for the sake of testing, can you set any of the other settings like message_defaults.from in the regular settings, and see if that changes anything?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.