V6.3 - cannot set default index & constant 400 errors

I'm using Kibana 6.3 running in Kubernetes and I keep getting errors about the defaultIndex

If I add more than 1 index, the whole UI stops functioning and complains about having a default index set.

Every page load throws this error in the dev tools network tab:
{"message":"failed to parse [config.defaultIndex]: [mapper_parsing_exception] failed to parse [config.defaultIndex]","statusCode":400,"error":"Bad Request"}

I cannot set a default Index via the UI, I set it and it ignores the setting/throws a 400 error in the UI (Config: Request failed with status code: 400)

This is my first experience with Kibana and I'm not sure how to fix this, any help would be greatly appreciated.

looks like something went wrong with the instalation.

could you copy paste the request and response chrome gets when setting the default index (from chrome developer tools)

I think you are right!

I found another person on here that mentioned deleting the .kibana index from elastic search. I tried that and it seemed to fix the issue. I'm not the person who originally got the instances up so not sure what went wrong, but I am good to go now.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.