Visualisation with * index

I have 2 indices, one with customer numbers and the other with errortypes. I made an index with * to get exerithing into one index, now is it possible to compare these two values, for example in a Vertical Bar chart or a Heatmap? I tried both, but it only said 'No results found'.

You can compare fields from two different indexes like this, but you need some way to connect the two values. What is your desired x-axis and y-axis fields? time and count?

Here are the mappings for the two indices I'd like to compare.

{
"mappings" : {
"ticket" : {
"properties" : {
"TTS_Nummer" : {
"type" : "integer"
},
"TTS_Art" : {
"type" : "short"
},
"TTS_Schweregrad" : {
},
"TTS_Prioritaet" : {
},
"TTS_Status" : {
},
}
}
}
}

Note: The mapping for the type "ticket" is much longer, in total it has 27 fields. One of them is also a timestamp.

{
"mappings" : {
"ticket_customer" : {
"properties" : {
"TKK_KundenNr" : {
},
"TKK_TicketNr" : {
},
"TKK_Custom" : {
"type" : "text"
}
}
}
}
}

They are linked via the fields TTS_Nummer and TKK_TicketNr, it's like private and foreign key from a database. (That's where they're originaly from).

I created a bar chart which counts the ammount of tickets for a customer:

Now I want to separate the bars with the field TTS_Art, so I can see which customer has how many Tickets of which kind.

Actually, I apologize but I don't believe this is possible due to the lack of support of joins in kibana and elasticsearch. I thought it was possible originally, but further investigation and I can't get it to work.

Can you combine the two indexes so a single document contains both customer number and error type?

No problem, I also thought that it isn't possible.

Can you combine the two indexes so a single document contains both customer number and error type?

Do I need to fully reindex the data if I want to combine the indices or can I just combine them in the Kibana console?

I think you'll need to reindex, but you should be able to initiate the command from the Kibana console. https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/docs-reindex.html . Some of those examples have View in console links.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.