Visualizations - elasticsearch/_cat/Indices not found

Using Kibana 7.3.2

I'm trying to create a plugin which would embed saved visualizations. I used the example plugin, and I'm getting the following exception from the embedder:

http://localhost:5601/epg/elasticsearch/_cat/indices?_=1574234938279&format=json&h=store.size&bytes=b
StatusCodeError {status: 404, displayName: "NotFound", message: "Not Found", path: "/_cat/indices", query: {…}, …}body: {statusCode: 404, error: "Not Found", message: "Not Found"}displayName: "NotFound"message: "Not Found"path: "/_cat/indices"query: {_: 1574234938279, format: "json", h: "store.size", bytes: "b"}response: "{"statusCode":404,"error":"Not Found","message":"Not Found"}"status: 404statusCode: 404toJSON: ƒ ()toString: ƒ ()stack: "Error: Not Found↵    at respond (webpack://%5Bname%5D/./node_modules/elasticsearch-browser/elasticsearch.angular.js?:19233:15)↵    at checkRespForFailure (webpack://%5Bname%5D/./node_modules/elasticsearch-browser/elasticsearch.angular.js?:19194:7)↵    at eval (webpack://%5Bname%5D/./node_modules/elasticsearch-browser/elasticsearch.angular.js?:19809:7)↵    at processQueue (webpack://%5Bname%5D/./node_modules/angular/angular.js?:17297:37)↵    at eval (webpack://%5Bname%5D/./node_modules/angular/angular.js?:17345:27)↵    at Scope.$digest (webpack://%5Bname%5D/./node_modules/angular/angular.js?:18482:15)↵    at Scope.$apply (webpack://%5Bname%5D/./node_modules/angular/angular.js?:18870:24)↵    at done (webpack://%5Bname%5D/./node_modules/angular/angular.js?:12776:47)↵    at completeRequest (webpack://%5Bname%5D/./node_modules/angular/angular.js?:13033:7)↵    at XMLHttpRequest.requestLoaded (webpack://%5Bname%5D/./node_modules/angular/angular.js?:12938:9)"__proto__: ErrorAbstract "Possibly unhandled rejection: {"msg":"Not Found","path":"/_cat/indices","query":{"_":1574234938279,"format":"json","h":"store.size","bytes":"b"},"statusCode":404,"response":"{\"statusCode\":404,\"error\":\"Not Found\",\"message\":\"Not Found\"}"}"

And if I check the http://localhost:5601/epg/elasticsearch/ url path, Kibana answers with a 404 error.
What should I do, to enable accessing the /elasticsearch path?

Hi @Gergely_Ujvari,

@joshdover will help.

Thanks.

This changed a little while back and we now do not expose all of Elasticsearch's APIs through that endpoint. The two endpoints available are:

• /elasticsearch/_msearch
  • /elasticsearch/{index}/_search

There is another endpoint provided by the Console plugin that supports sending data to Elasticsearch, but it's not a drop in replacement.

Path: /api/console/proxy
Method: POST
Query parameters:

• method: the HTTP method to send to Elasticsearch
  • path: the Elasticsearch API path

For example, you could make the request above by doing a POST request against this URL:
/api/console/proxy?method=GET&path=_cat/indices

If you want to include query parameters in the path sent to Elasticsearch, make sure to use encodeURIComponent to correctly encode them.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.