Visualize pdf and images indexed with fscrawler in kibana dicover section

i created an index called bigdata in fscrawler to index pdf and images ( i use tesseract ocr to extract text from image) and then i used this index in Kibana as shown in the imageindexkibana but when i try to visulaize the content of the indexed files in the discover section i obtain the flowwing error indexdiscover and cant show the diffrent fileds (imported with index in kibana). my obkectiv is to visualize the content and make filter to show on only the content containing some word , how can i viusulaiz thit content
thank you

Hi @kumar4 -- I'm assuming you don't see any results if you change the timerange for your search? (Looks like it is set to last 15 minutes in the screengrab)

It's also possible that you need to refresh your Index Pattern by clicking the button at the top of the index pattern page, if you've updated your mappings since the Index Pattern was initially created.

If you go to dev tools and query GET bigdata*/_search, do you see any results?

than you yes when i changed the date i obtained the result ( i have pdf and image files indexed)

in the content i see just title of the content the otalité of the content adn i can see the text extratced from my image( what is programming) using tesseract-ocr, and this is what i see when i execute GET bigdata*/_search , in dev tool
but i want to see all the content pf my pdf even if it is long and i want to make filter to dsiplay only pDF and images containing the word "programming", can yu help to do that this what i really need
cordially

Is your content field set as searchable in your Index Pattern?

If it is, you should be able to put a query in the filter bar for content:"Programming" and it will search the content field for occurrences of that word.

but in my case i use the fielfd : Time Filter field name: file.created as show in the image

, and i have the filed content in my index but how to set searchable ??

wawww thank you very much this is the result

, but what does count graph mean with specified date ??

The histogram at the top is showing you the number of hits for each date based on your query. So in this example it looks like there are only two results within the date range you have searched

1 Like

thank you very much, is it possible to see this count of words in graphical charts ? for example if i want to serach for sentences "introduction to java" and have a display of the count by document in graph; and if it is possible to use machine learning to see the words having the same meaining like "good" "better" ...

Yep, you should be able to visualize the occurrences of those sentences using a terms aggregation in the visualization of your choosing.

Looking at words having the same meaning is a bit more difficult -- our current ML application doesn't handle this use case, although you could certainly configure your own synonym token filter to apply during the analysis process in Elasticsearch. This would require defining a list of your own synonyms, but would achieve the affect you are looking for in that you could query for a term and receive results containing synonymous terms.

1 Like

i didnt understand terms aggregation in the visualization, can you give an exemple, what i am doing now in the filter is: content:"hello", can you give an example of term agregation and where i should put it (in kibana filter ??)
thank you

If you want to visualize aggregations, click the "visualize" menu item and create a new visualization of your choosing.

There, you'll be able to add an aggregation under "buckets" to and set it to "terms" pointing to the field you want to count occurrences on.

The Creating a Visualization section of the docs will help provide more info on this, or you might be interested in checking out our Getting Started with Kibana webinar, which covers all of this in depth with some concrete examples.

1 Like

your responses is very important but what do you mean by agregation can you explain me
thank you

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.