Visualizing boolean values associated with timestamps

Hello,

I've indexed some data into elasticsearch and want to try and display some of it through kibana, now i've read a bunch of materials and tried tutorials etc. however none of them seem to be able to help me display the data i want. I have a field named "IsOnline" consisting of booleans indicating wether or not something was online, each of these values is associated with a timestamp (@timestamp). I want to show a graph where one can see at which point something was online or not.

Hope someone can help.

hi @magida,

Do I have this right that for each document you have 3 fields (timestamp, isOnline, deviceId) and that for each deviceId you want to show, at any given time, if it was online?

You could try a top-hits metric aggregation (https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/search-aggregations-metrics-top-hits-aggregation.html), and show the latest isOnline state, by sorting by descending timestamp. You could display those results in a table.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.