Visualizing data from ESA's Gaia mission in Kibana


(Marcel-Jan Krijgsman) #1

So recently I've been trying to get astronomical data in Elasticsearch with Logstash to visualize it with Kibnana. I've asked some questions here before to get it done. And I'm happy to say I got it working. I promissed to make a video about how I did it. And I actually made two: one about the general story and one about the code.
http://marcel-jan.eu/datablog/2018/05/13/making-a-hertzsprung-russell-diagram-from-gaia-dr2-data-with-elasticsearch/

I've made the code of the Elasticsearch index mapping, the Logstash config file and the Kibana Vega code available on GitHub:
https://github.com/Marcel-Jan/fun-with-Gaia


(Mark Walkom) #2

Thanks for sharing this!


(system) #3

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.