Warning can not be imported as a dangling index, as index with same name already exists in cluster metadata

I am running ELK 6.5.4 with 3 node cluster. Cluster health is GREEN

I see below error in one of the node.

[2019-09-16T11:05:49,832][WARN ][o.e.g.DanglingIndicesState] [node-3] [[.watcher-history-9-2019.07.12/1fkhSke8S7CQVA8TJZ5GHg]] can not be imported as a dangling index, as index with same name already exists in cluster metadata
[2019-09-16T11:05:49,833][WARN ][o.e.g.DanglingIndicesState] [node-3] [[genie-zipkin:span-2019-08-26/J2CNO0MbRsmj8W5OcuVBPQ]] can not be imported as a dangling index, as index with same name already exists in cluster metadata

How do i resolve the same without deleting the index from the cluster.

How have you ended up in this situation? Have you experienced a network partition, e.g. by having more than one master eligible node and having minimum_master_nodes not set to 2?

by having more than one master eligible node and having minimum_master_nodes not set to 2

-- Yes but now minimum_master_nodes is set to 2.

Did this issue occur when minimum_master_nodes was set to 2 or when it was changed to 2?

No the issue existed before minimum_master_nodes was set to 2

OK, then it is likely due to a network partition. In that case I do not think there is anything you can do but to accept the data loss that may have occurred to do this misconfiguration.

i am getting this warning only on one node. So if i delete the index from that node can i reduce the data loss or do i have to delete the index completely from the cluster?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.