Watch actions proxy authentication

I have been trying to get a watcher slack action to post a message to one of my workspace's channels. In the environment where the message must originate from there is a requirement to use a proxy server for egress to the the Slack provided webhook URL. While XPack does support the use of a proxy, either in the general settings or specified directly as fields in the watch itself, there does not seem to be a way to specify basic authentication via username and password to the proxy server, which is required in my environment. I attempted appending the username and password to the host, i.e username:password@host, but this simply returned a DNS lookup failure on the host name. Is their any way to authenticate with a proxy server when attempting to use actions associated with a watch?

Thanks

Hey Joshua,

this is not currently supported. I will raise an internal issue, but cannot do any promises when we will add support for this.

--Alex

1 Like

Alex,
Thanks for the reply. I appreciate you taking the action to raise an internal issue. In the interim, we will attempt to find a workaround. I may be able to get our Elastic stack whitelisted in the proxy to allow egress without authentication.

Josh

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.