Watcher

I have created a new watch in the kibana using UI. After that when I am clicking on watcher tab under management -> Watcher it throws "Watcher: Error 500 Internal Server Error: An internal server error occurred". How could I rectify it. Its in production. I need help on it ASAP.

What version are you running?

What's the error stack trace in elasticsearch.log say?

I am running 6.0.0

Till this morning I am using Wathcer for creating and modifying some watcher alerts from UI and, which is working fine. After that I am trying to create new watcher using JSON file and I saved it. After that when I am trying to click on watcher is giving as "Watcher: Error 500 Internal Server Error: An internal server error occurred".

I am not sure how to get error stack trace in elasticsearch.log

elasticsearch.log is by default in ES_HOME/logs or alternatively in a different location if specified using the path.logs setting in ES_HOME/config/elasticsearch.yml

Yes. my path in elasticsearch.yml is defined as path.logs: /var/log/elasticsearch

How can I look for error stack trace in that, Because it is a huge file.

This is what I got "| WARN | org.elasticsearch.index.reindex.TransportDeleteByQueryAction - giving up on search because it failed with a non-retryable exception" when I use command cat elasticsearch.log | grep exception

And when I use cat elasticsearch.log | grep tomcat
I got the following. tomcat is the index pettern that I have tried to use when I am trying to create the new watcher.
2018-06-15T11:34:35,482 | INFO | org.elasticsearch.cluster.metadata.MetaDataCreateIndexService - [tomcat-000153] creating index, cause [rollover_index], templates [tomcat], shards [1]/[1], mappings [doc]
2018-06-15T11:34:36,341 | INFO | org.elasticsearch.cluster.routing.allocation.AllocationService - Cluster health status changed from [YELLOW] to [GREEN] (reason: [shards started [[tomcat-000153][0]] ...]).
2018-06-15T11:34:37,572 | INFO | org.elasticsearch.cluster.metadata.MetaDataMappingService - [tomcat-000153/5m9IQ6gxRU61kz2LgaUKjw] update_mapping [doc]

Also, How can I delete the watcher from CLI that have created earlier from UI.

Look for the area of the logfile with the timestamps associated with when you encountered the error in the UI.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.