Watchers Issue(S)

While attempting to setup Watchers received a 500 error in Kibana. Log entry from Kibana:

Mar 09 08:36:58 kibana[8532]: {"type":"response","@timestamp":"2018-03-09T08:36:58Z","tags":
,"pid":8532,"method":"get","statusCode":500,"req":
{"url":"/api/watcher/watches","method":"get","headers":
{"host":"removed","connection":"keep-alive","accept":"application/json, text/plain, /","kbn-
version":"6.1.1","user-agent":"Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML,
like Gecko) Chrome/64.0.3282.186 Safari/537.36","referer":"/app/kibana","accept-encoding":"gzip,
deflate","accept-language":"en-
US,en;q=0.9"},"remoteAddress":"removed","userAgent":"removed","referer":"/app/kibana"},"res":
{"statusCode":500,"responseTime":22,"contentLength":9},"message":"GET /api/watcher/watches 500
22ms - 9.0B"}

Snippets of logs from Elasticsearch Log

Separate log lines

failed to set monitoring watch [l7EzHkz7SsO7BPKSzIIJgw_xpack_license_expiration]
"expiry_date": "2018-03-30T23:59:59.999Z"

[ES-Node-1] not starting watcher, upgrade API run required: .watches[false], .triggered_watches[false]

failed to set monitoring watch [l7EzHkz7SsO7BPKSzIIJgw_elasticsearch_version_mismatch]

[.watches][0] failed to execute bulk item (index) BulkShardRequest [[.watches][0]] containing [index
{[.watches][doc][l7EzHkz7SsO7BPKSzIIJgw_logstash_version_mismatch], source[n/a, actual length:
[4.1kb], max length: 2kb]}]

[.watches][0] failed to execute bulk item (index) BulkShardRequest [[.watches][0]] containing [index {[.watches][doc][l7EzHkz7SsO7BPKSzIIJgw_kibana_version_mismatch], source[n/a, actual length: [4.1kb], max length: 2kb]

Just to clarify, we are not upgrading, this is a fresh installation of Elastic stack

Version Information

./logstash --version logstash 6.1.1

./kibana --version 6.1.1

./elasticsearch --version Version: 6.1.1, Build: bd92e7f

Thank you in advance.

Hi Carl, did you just upgrade from 5.x by any chance? If so, then your problem may be similar to the one described in ES 5.4 => 6.0 Upgrade. Watcher Issues. Can you take a look there and let me know if it helps?

Thanks,
CJ

Cj,

That did the trick. Not sure how I missed it in my Googlefu search. We are up and running. Again, thanks for the assist.

Carl

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.