Ways to Connect Front End to Enterprise Search

Hello Elastic,

I would like to ask, is there a way we can connect AngularJS 1.8 ver to Enterprise Search?

We looking option on how to connect to Enterprise Search for our frontend ui.

Does AngularJS 1.8 compatible to connect to Enterprise Search?

If not, can we leverage on .net 6? or can we do API directly connect to Enterprise Search?

Thanks

Hi @aisyaharifin,

There are enterprise search clients available for JavaScript, PHP, Ruby and Python as listed here. With AngularJS being long past EOL I'm worried you will run into dependency issues. Also, if you have a backend service layer in your application I would expect the communication to come via that rather than directly from the UI.

Can you give more details on what operations you are looking to do against your Elastic cluster? There is not a dedicated .NET Enterprise Search client, but you may be able to use the Elasticsearch .NET client for some operations.

Hi @carly.richmond ,

Thank you for your reply.

I'm actually enhancing search experience for our application and right now I'm finding options to connect our search engine to our front end UI which we are going to use .net 6.

Do you have any suggestions on how we can workaround on this?
Thanks.

Can you say what you mean by "enhancing the search experience" of your application? Are you simply wanting to return results? If so you might be able to do that with the Elasticsearch .NET client I mentioned previously.

If you definitely need access to wrapper features in App or Workplace search there is no official client for use with .NET. You would write a simple HTTP wrapper yourself using the API calls. Alternatively I did come across a StackOverflow thread where someone talks about porting the App Search client to C#. You could check and see if there is a community supported client out there. I did find this one but I'm not sure if this is the same person.

Do let us know how you get on!

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.