when downgrading version 8.11 to a lower version. my datanodes did restore on version downgrade but starting elastic search the data on the new nodes was not found. Is there any way to restore this data?

Hello friend, currently my lab tests elasticsearch when downgrading version 8.11 to a lower version. my datanodes did restore on version downgrade but starting Elasticsearch the data on the new nodes was not found. Is there any way to restore this data?

Elasticsearch does not support downgrade, once you upgrade a node you cannot downgrade it.

If I'm not wrong your data is still there, but the shards can not be allocated, you need to bring the nodes back to the version you had upgrade before.

2 Likes

Thank you, is there any way to recover index data on the server path? I have updated the library, but I don't see my index restored in the version I updateds

What library? You need to update your Elasticsearch cluster to the version you were using before the downgrade.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.