Why Elasticsearch still complains about bootstrap checks failed

Installed ES 7.3.0 on Ubuntu 18.04. Was able to start it in development mode. Now I want to connect to ES remotely from another machine, so I changed the configuration in elasticsearch.yml and tried to start it in production mode (although there's still only one ES machine). Below is my elasticsearch.yml file:

However, everytime after I run the 'sudo systemctl start elasticsearch.service' command, the elasticsearch gave me this warning "the default discovery settings are unsuitable for production use: at least one of [discovery.seed_hosts, discovery.seed_providers, cluster.initial_master_nodes] must be configured".

As you can see in the first image, I do configure the cluster.initial_master_nodes correctly. So what did I miss here?

---Updates------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just realized that no matter how many times I tried to restart the elasticsearch service, for some reason it is not updating the log file. As you can see the timestamp for the last log is 2019-08-10, which is yesterday. I am pretty sure I restarted the service this morning several times and today is 2019-08-11. P.S. I am in UTC-8 timezone.

please do not post images, but only text - as this image is barely readable on bigger monitors.

try stopping the service first or run restart and then check if the logfile shows any new entries.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.