Bootstrap checks failed & the default discovery settings are unsuitable for production use; at least one of [discovery.seed_hosts, discovery.seed_providers, cluster.initial_master_nodes] must be configured

Hi

I have my Elasticsearch up and running but when I'm trying to configure xpack security feature under basic license mode is see issue and elasticsearch service does not restart.

Below is my elasticsearch.yml file.

cluster.name: Elasticsearch
node.name: master
path.data: /var/lib/elasticsearch
path.logs: /var/log/elasticsearch
network.host: 0.0.0.0
discovery.seed_hosts: []
cluster.initial_master_nodes: []
xpack.security.enabled: true
xpack.security.transport.ssl.enabled: true
xpack.security.transport.ssl.verification_mode: certification
xpack.security.transport.ssl.keystore.path: /etc/pki/tls/certs/elasticsearch-certificates.p12
xpack.security.transport.ssl.truststore.path: /etc/pki/tls/certs/elasticsearch-certificates.p12

discovery.type: single-node

Below is the message from elasticsearch.log file.

enforcing bootstrap checks
[2020-06-17T16:39:37,858][ERROR][o.e.b.Bootstrap          ] [ELK.server.com] node validation exception
[1] bootstrap checks failed
[1]: the default discovery settings are unsuitable for production use; at least one of [discovery.seed_hosts, discovery.seed_providers, cluster.initial_master_nodes] must be configured

Please help me on this.

Please read https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/bootstrap-checks.html

Thanks for the reply @dadoonet. I have modified my elasticsearch.yml file accordingly and both the services (elasticsearch & kibana) are up and running.

Can we create a user to send Windows events through Winlogbeat instead of superuser elastic and password to be mentioned as plain text in winlogbeat.yml file.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.