ERROR Bootstrap {node validation exceptio}

I'm having a problem installing my Elastic for the first time, I've already run it before in the lab, but when I try again on other machines I get this message below:

[ERROR] [o.e.b.Bootstrap] [[$ jarvis]] node validation exception
[1] bootstrap checks failed
[1]: the default discovery settings are unsuitable for production use; at least one of [discovery.seed_hosts, discovery.seed_providers, cluster.initial_master_nodes] must be configured
[2019-05-02T15: 47: 39,761] [INFO] [o.e.node] [[$ jarvis]] stopping ...
[2019-05-02T15: 47: 39,778] [INFO] [o.e.n.Node] [[$ jarvis]] stopped
[2019-05-02T15: 47: 39,779] [INFO] [o.e.n.Node] [[$ jarvis]] closing ...
[2019-05-02T15: 47: 39,795] [INFO] [o.e.n.Node] [[$ jarvis]] closed
[2019-05-02T15: 47: 39,798] [o.e.x.m.p.NativeController] [[$ jarvis]] Native controller process has stopped - no new native processes can be started

I realemnet I do not know where it happens, I already looked in the forum and documentation but I did not get a solution that would help me.

Hi @jcesar_key, the solution is right there in the error message:

Here is a link to a page of the docs that I hope will help: https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/discovery-settings.html

I've even looked at this before, but it does not apply because I have a single node in my cluster, not having a master, a discovery.ping, and a host.

A one-node cluster is still a cluster. It still has a master and still needs to be bootstrapped, if only to tell the node whether it's supposed to be joining a larger cluster or not. You need to set cluster.initial_master_nodes.

Sorry, I understood now what you said, I did it and it worked, thank you very much.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.