Wildcard in URL finding base64

I need to filter double equal in URL *== to detect base64 attacks.

I tried with the fields request_page, request_page.keyword and request_page.raw and nothing hapens...

{
  "wildcard": {
    "request_page": "*==*"
  }
}

{
  "wildcard": {
    "request_page": "*=="
  }
}

or in kibana search.

request_page: *==
request_page: *"=="
request_page: *==

request_page:.raw *==
request_page.raw: *"=="
request_page.raw: *==

request_page.keyword: *==
request_page.keyword: *"=="
request_page.keyword: *==

All of these with raw and keyword too. Analyzed and not analized.

What's the correct way to apply wildcard?

Here is an example of the string:

index.php/en/component/user/admin/Cms_Wysiwyg/directive/?forwarded=true&isIframe=true&___directive=e3tibG9jayB0eXBlPSJhZG1pbmh0bWwvcmVwb3J0X3NlYXJjaF9ncmlkIn19&filter=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

What is your mapping like?

BTW I'd probably use a edge n gram analyzer which starts from the end with a size of 2.

Then I'd just use a match query with ==

So you suggest tokenize the field in mapping and use N Gram? There is no way making wildcard querys?

May be (probably) there is a way to do it but I can't test ATM. That said a wildcard *xx is really insane to run in elasticsearch. Just read what the wildcard query doc is saying...

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.