Wildcard + phrase combination search case insensitive

Hi There,

I am using _xpack/sql/ to do the searching. When there's only phrase searching it's case insensitive.
But if i used wildcard + phrase combination search it's case sensitive Why? I want it both cases should be case insensitive.

e.g. If i use below sql to do searching, if only return 'super hero', not return 'SUPER HERO'

post _xpack/sql/
{
  "query": "select column_A from index_A where query( '*super\\\\  hero*', 'type=phrase;default_operator=AND')"
}

if i remove the wildcard as below. it would return both.

post _xpack/sql/
{
  "query": "select column_A from index_A where query( 'super\\\\  hero', 'type=phrase;default_operator=AND')"
}

Is there any solution to do wildcard + phrase combination search case insensitive, without using the analyzer?

Hi @viphuangwei,
The query special function in SQL is a wrapper for a query_string query from Elasticsearch. If you try the translate API from SQL you will see the actual query that ES is using to return the results.

These being said, query_string and phrase matching with wildcard will not work, thus the results you see. See here a suggestion from of the Lucene/ES developers about the type of query to use for such functionality. Unfortunately, ES SQL doesn't use that.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.