Will short URLs expire and be deleted?

I have a python code that generates a report periodically and creates a lot of short URLs using the short URL API, but I found that kibana or es keep them all the time and won't delete them, and now I just discovered kibana's when migrating data There are always many errors in index (such as Limit of total fields [1000] has been exceeded while adding new fields [XXX]).
I'm wondering why can't it just expire automatically?

Not sure how these type of errors can be related to short URLs. Can you provide the errors?

Short URLs are intended to be shared around in groups and make it easy for people to bookmark places they want to keep going back to. Automatic expiration of the short links would make it pretty ineffective.

Hi, thanks for your reply.
Because the short URL API generates too many links, I get a lot of errors when importing the exported backup data, however, I have confirmed the "Limit of total fields [1000] has been exceeded while adding new fields [XXX]" errors and The short URL API doesn't matter.

As for what you said "Automatic expiration of the short links would make it pretty ineffective." Or can we add a switch that controls whether it expires or not and how long before it will expire?

I searched through the Kibana issues and couldn't find any requests for a feature that would give an expiration date to short URL objects.

Since you have programmatic access to the new short URLs, I would recommend updating the script to hold on to the IDs that have been created (Kibana returns the ID in the API response), and to delete those IDs after the task is done.

1 Like

Because I felt that keeping too many URLs might have an impact on Elasticsearch, I didn't pay attention to this problem until recently, and it was a bit large.
It would be the best solution to add a function switch, but currently there is no such switch. Then like you said, it can be removed programmatically.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.