X-pack security with tribe node?

Hello

I have a customer who will be using tribe node and also required to use x-pack security for role based management to separate the index access permission between teams.

Looking at the latest kibana document , it seems that x-pack security is not available in 5.2.2.

Due to the ambiguity of which cluster is being used, certain features are disabled in Kibana:

Console
Managing users and roles with the x-pack plugin

Should I understand above explanation as , x-pack security + tribe node is completely not available or it is possible to use with work around ?

@YuWatanabe x-pack security works with tribe nodes, you just won't be able to manage the users/roles via Kibana and you'll have to do so directly against the clusters.

@Brandon_Kobel

Thanks for the reply. Glad that it works, however, I dont think IT administrators without scripting skills are not comfortable with curl commands.

Thus , I think it will be really cool if user/roles management is available in UI for tribe node environment as well as non tribe node environment ?

Is there any plan to implement user/roles management via Kibana in later releases in cases which
kibana is deployed with tribe node ?

@YuWatanabe I completely agree, and it's something that we intend to add in the future; however, we don't have any definitive plans to when this will be available.

@Brandon_Kobel

That is awsome! Looking to here updates from Elastic when this enhancement is put into the roadmap.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.