X-pack shipment in elasticsearch 6.6.1

Hi,
I have installed elasticsearch-oss-6.6.1-1.noarch on my node. Document of elasticsearch releases says that X-Pack ships by default after ES -6.2. But in my elasticsearch.yml file I didn't find any X-Pack related settings. I tried it to give those settings manually by adding xpack.security.enabled: false as I want to use trial version for now but it also gave me an error . Please find the error in below log.
[2019-02-25T16:50:20,922][WARN ][o.e.b.ElasticsearchUncaughtExceptionHandler] [DFgsvKZ] uncaught exception in thread [main]
org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.StartupException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: unknown setting [xpack.security.enabled] please check that any required plugins are installed, or check the breaking changes documentation for removed settings
at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Elasticsearch.init(Elasticsearch.java:163) ~[elasticsearch-6.6.1.jar:6.6.1]
at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Elasticsearch.execute(Elasticsearch.java:150) ~[elasticsearch-6.6.1.jar:6.6.1]
at org.elasticsearch.cli.EnvironmentAwareCommand.execute(EnvironmentAwareCommand.java:86) ~[elasticsearch-6.6.1.jar:6.6.1]
at org.elasticsearch.cli.Command.mainWithoutErrorHandling(Command.java:124) ~[elasticsearch-cli-6.6.1.jar:6.6.1]
at org.elasticsearch.cli.Command.main(Command.java:90) ~[elasticsearch-cli-6.6.1.jar:6.6.1]
at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Elasticsearch.main(Elasticsearch.java:116) ~[elasticsearch-6.6.1.jar:6.6.1]
at org.elasticsearch.bootstrap.Elasticsearch.main(Elasticsearch.java:93) ~[elasticsearch-6.6.1.jar:6.6.1]
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: unknown setting [xpack.security.enabled] please check that any required plugins are installed, or check the breaking changes documentation for removed settings

Please guide me for where I am getting wrong. Thanx.

It's because you downloaded the oss version which does not contains any other features such as security.
Instead install elasticsearch-6.6.1-1.noarch (I believe that's the right name).

Okay dadoonet Thank you for the help. So now I have downloaded OSS version of elasticserach , from where can I get the respective compatible version of X-Pack? I want to install it as an external plugin as we used to do in older versions of elasticsearch. Is it possible to do so?

It is no longer installed as a separate plugin, so you will need to switch to the default distribution.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.