XenForo Search ES6.0 index doesn't work

Hi community!
Previously I had Xenforo Elasticsearch with ElasticSearch 5.x and everything worked perfectly.
Ten I have updated to Elasticsearch and Kibana to 6.0, installed X-pack, updated Xenforo Elasticsearch plugin to latest 1.1.7 version, removed xf index, recreated, re-indexed. Search works now, but the problem is that no new messages fall into the index and, accordingly, are not searchable. When I see /_cat/indices?v' I always see the same value of docs.count for this index. I have another indexes there for nginx logs, and they works fine!
Moreover, I have absolutely the same configuration on staging server and all works perfect there!
ES gurus, please guide me how I can debug and fix this issue?
Thanks!

I think you should ask on Xenforo forum to see if the plugin has been updated for elasticsearch 6.

1 Like

Yes, plugin was updated for ES6.0 and this plugin works fine on my staging XenForo server.

Did you use x-pack previously as well?
What are your elasticsearch logs?

Yes, I used x-pack.
I have noticed in Kibana on production and staging servers that there is different structure of index - different number of fields. Strange... I have tried to get mapping of working index and create new index with this mapping on problem server but it doesn't work. I see errors like:

{
  "error": {
    "root_cause": [
      {
        "type": "mapper_parsing_exception",
        "reason": "Failed to parse mapping [post]: Enabling [_all] is disabled in 6.0. As a replacement, you can use [copy_to] on mapping fields to create your own catch all field."
      }
    ],
    "type": "mapper_parsing_exception",
    "reason": "Failed to parse mapping [post]: Enabling [_all] is disabled in 6.0. As a replacement, you can use [copy_to] on mapping fields to create your own catch all field.",
    "caused_by": {
      "type": "illegal_argument_exception",
      "reason": "Enabling [_all] is disabled in 6.0. As a replacement, you can use [copy_to] on mapping fields to create your own catch all field."
    }
  },
  "status": 400
}

May be there is an index template?

I'd ask the XenForo team though.

1 Like

Thank you! It was really bug in XenForo plugin - https://xenforo.com/community/threads/content-is-not-automatically-indexed-properly-in-xfes-single-type-mode.136974/

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.