Yet another "FORBIDDEN/12/index read-only" message

(Dor Juravski) #1

Yet another message of this type. I read past similar messages but none really help me.
This alert pops up in Kibana when I try to create any new index.
The hard drive has enough space, this is not the reason.

My thought was that this is a filesystem permission but if it is, I can't find where.

Config: Error 403 Forbidden: blocked by: [FORBIDDEN/12/index read-only / allow delete (api)];: [cluster_block_exception] blocked by: [FORBIDDEN/12/index read-only / allow delete (api)];

Any advice appreciated.
Best,
JD

(Yannick Welsch) #2

Can you have a look at the Elasticsearch cluster logs and check if there are any warnings there? In particular, can you grep for "flood stage disk watermark"?

(Dor Juravski) #3

Hello, thank you for the reply. After reading previous posts the first thing I did was check disk usage and I was far from 50% on all the mount points.

Also - I could not continue this way and reverted the ELK VM to a previous snapshot, then re-upgraded.
It would be great to know what causes this for other people though, but it is not disk space.

(Simon Willnauer) #4

the question is what were disks at the point when elasticsearch decided to put this block in. It's the only reason this could happen as far as I know.

(Dor Juravski) #5

This is a test machine, nothing happens on it aside from my logstash code. It is at all times around 50% disk-space, no spikes or changes, and no one else touches the VM, the error was repeatable.

If disk space is the only reason for this error, then I would suggest this could be a bug. If someone in Elastic is interested (for troubleshooting reasons) I can go back to the "broken" Logstash, which I keep as a VM snapshot

(system) #6

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.