'You do not have permission to access the requested page' after ELK Docker Compose tutorial

I have followed the guide on installing the Elastic Stack using Docker Compose (Running the Elastic Stack ("ELK") on Docker | Getting Started [8.0] | Elastic). When I try to sign in Kibana using kibana_system as username and the password I put in the .env file, it shows the message: 'You do not have permission to access the requested page. Either go back to the previous page or log in as a different user.'

Am I doing something wrong? How to enter Kibana? Thank you in advance.

Log:
es01_1 | {"@timestamp":"2022-02-14T16:53:30.125Z", "log.level": "INFO", "message":"Authentication of [elastic] was terminated by realm [reserved] - failed to authenticate user [elastic]", "ecs.version": "1.2.0","service.name":"ES_ECS","event.dataset":"Elasticsearch.server","process.thread.name":"Elasticsearch[es01][system_critical_read][T#1]","log.logger":"org.Elasticsearch.xpack.security.authc.RealmsAuthenticator","Elasticsearch.cluster.uuid":"LWRdGxHmStC4Lo5NR6DtGA","Elasticsearch.node.id":"i80kAs8dRNuotgvptZApCA","Elasticsearch.node.name":"es01","Elasticsearch.cluster.name":"docker-cluster"}

From the doc you linked to:

You must use the ELASTIC_PASSWORD value for further interactions with the cluster. The KIBANA_PASSWORD value is only used internally when configuring Kibana.

You should not try to login to Kibana using kibana_system that is a user that is internal to Kibana and is not intended for users.
You should log in to Kibana as the elastic user.

Logging in using elastic as username and the password I put in the .env file doesn't work either. In contrast to logging in with kibana_system it shows the message: 'Username or password is incorrect. Please try again.'.

Also using just kibana, the containername, clustername or nodename as username and/or using the password I put in the .env file as elastic password or changeme doesn't work.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.