"add panel" in dashboard edit view never loads

i'll give this a shot. nothing makes an application vendor happier than "well, i updated one of the component services, ooopsies?"

Have you tried changing the time range at the top?

yep, time is changed and works fine, still can't get the infinity spinner to find inner peace or whatever ...

oh dear. Let's hope the upgrade works

and that my application vendor is "up for an adventure" ... :wink:

well, i went all :cowboy: and updated kibana-oss to 7.9.3. i then deleted any instances of the "bobGoblin" visualization and re-imported it successfully. the "add panels" infinity-spinner re-appeared and the same "Saved Objects Cannot Be Found" pops up as experienced beforehand.

because kibana logging appears to be a Very Dark Art and my :crystal_ball: :woman_mage: level isn't high enough, i'm still only able to see the same-as-above error message, this time from the server's perspective:

Jul 21 23:11:13 superDuperHostName.internal kibana[621]: {"type":"response","@timestamp":"2021-07-21T23:11:13Z","tags":[],"pid":621,"method":"get","statusCode":400,"req":{"url":"/api/kibana/management/saved_objects/_find?perPage=50&page=1&fields=id&type=config&sortField=type","method":"get","headers":{"host":"127.0.0.1:5601","user-agent":"python-requests/2.20.0","accept-encoding":"gzip, deflate","accept":"*/*","connection":"keep-alive","kbn-xsrf":"true","content-type":"application/json"},"remoteAddress":"127.0.0.1","userAgent":"python-requests/2.20.0"},"res":{"statusCode":400,"responseTime":2,"contentLength":9},"message":"GET /api/kibana/management/saved_objects/_find?perPage=50&page=1&fields=id&type=config&sortField=type 400 2ms - 9.0B"}

going off the assumption that the darn machine is doing what it thinks its supposed to be doing, i pulled up the kibana index. i found this "variance" ...

the "migrationVersion -> properties" section doesn't have information for the query and url properties ...

so, not going to sleep tonight.

browser console: "unknown sort field type"

tweak the request and resend w/o the "sortField=type" ...

the exact same behavior is shown here: Filtering Saved Objects table by type results in a request failure · Issue #23707 · elastic/kibana · GitHub / Unable to filter saved objects by single type · Issue #24463 · elastic/kibana · GitHub

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.