Dashborad Export Import

(piyush) #1

Dear Team,
I am trying to export dashboards and visualizations to move on a new setup, from Kibana console. But, while importing the Json file, i am getting below erro:

"Saved Objects: The file could not be processed."

Can you suggest what could be the error cause? is there any way to move Kibana objects?

*It's Kibana 4.5.1
*i read about elasticdump but hoping there should be in built utilities.

Thanks & Regards

(CJ Cenizal) #2

Hi there, this is kind of a wild guess, but when you exported your Dashboard did you remember to export the associated Visualizations and Searches? See this related question: How to save dashboard as json file

Thanks,
CJ

(piyush) #3

I refereed this post and was trying to import the Json file and ended with that error.

I exported Dashboards + Visualization, also tried exporting all objects. In both cases, while importing it throws error saying "Saved Objects: The file could not be processed."

(CJ Cenizal) #4

Would you mind sharing the file you're trying to import? We can take a look and see if there are any formatting errors or anything like that.

(Jose Campos) #5

Do you have a screenshot about your issue? @piyush

(Christian Dahlqvist) #6

Are you trying to move dashboards from Kibana 4.5.1 to another instance running the same version or are you trying to migrate to Kibana 4.5.1 from an older version?

(piyush) #7

Both are kibana 4.5.1

PFB snapshot:

(piyush) #8

Hi Team,
The problem is solved, thanks for your attention and assistance.

I was downloading those Json files from a remote location and due to permission error, that input file used to overwritten by error messages. And for Kibana it was a corrupted file, so wasn't able to import. I realized that while send files to Mr. cjcenizal.

Apologies for inconvenience caused, wasn't expecting permission error on those files.

Thanks & Regards

(system) #9