Add/Remove source in kibana dashboard

Hi
I have created kibana dashboard from elasticsearch index and the dashboard consists of fields like source IP, destination IP etc. (router events). Now i want to have a controlling features in the dashboard like add/delete routers based on source IP. So when i choose add routers from the dashboard, all events from that routers will be visible in the dashboard and when i delete a source in the dashboard, the events from that router (based on source IP) will be deleted in the dashboard. Although this feature is similar to filter but i donot exactly like to use filter.

Is it possible ?
Regards

Hi Makara,

I don't know what version you're on now, but a BRAND NEW feature is in the next release that I think is what you're looking for. Here's the github issue on it;

6.1.0 should be released in a couple of weeks. But if you're adventurous I could point you to a snapshot build to try this feature (it would require Elasticsearch 6.1.0 as well). Just let me know.

If you're on an older version and aren't ready to upgrade, I think filters are the best solution. Some people create a Data Table visualization containing the field they want to filter on. And that filters everything on the dashboard.

Regards,
Lee

Regards,
Lee

Hi

@LeeDr

Thanks for the valuable information. I will definitely try out kibana 6.1.0 to have better controls over the inputs.
Regards

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.