Adding a node with data to cluster

(Gubr123) #1

Hi.
I am using elasticsearch 2.4.1

I have a cluster of ES nodes, and another standalone node with data stored.

I want to add the standalone node to the ES cluster. when I do it, I loose all the data stored in the standalone node.

How do I add the data of the standalone node to the cluster? (How do I add the node with the data in it to the cluster)

Thanks

(Mark Walkom) #2

The only way guaranteed would be to snapshot the data on that node, add it to the cluster, then restore it.

(Gubr123) #3

Thanks for your response.

How do I do that?
Is there any built-in way in ES to do that?

(Mark Walkom) #4

https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/2.4/modules-snapshots.html

(Gubr123) #5

Trying to do as you said.
Did a snapshot and restored it on the single node. worked perfectly.

Now, trying to restore the snapshot on the cluster. getting the error:

{"error":{"root_cause":[{"type":"repository_verification_exception","reason":"[backup1] [M7MPBVv6RM2vngZdhcSO1g, 'RemoteTransportException[[nOdE2][172.31.251.79:9300][internal:admin/repository/verify]]; nested: RepositoryMissingException[[backup1] missing];'], [ibrUF4NhT7G8-SHxh9Rn8w, 'RemoteTransportException[[nOdE1][172.31.251.78:9300][internal:admin/repository/verify]]; nested: RepositoryMissingException[[backup1] missing];']]"}],"type":"repository_verification_exception","reason":"[backup1] [M7MPBVv6RM2vngZdhcSO1g, 'RemoteTransportException[[nOdE2][172.31.251.79:9300][internal:admin/repository/verify]]; nested: RepositoryMissingException[[backup1] missing];'], [ibrUF4NhT7G8-SHxh9Rn8w, 'RemoteTransportException[[nOdE1][172.31.251.78:9300][internal:admin/repository/verify]]; nested: RepositoryMissingException[[backup1] missing];']]"},"status":500}

Any ideas?

(Mark Walkom) #6

Did you add the repo to the new cluster?

(system) #7

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.