Are you getting 403's when downloading? Please read here first

Thanks Carly! Is there an ETA on it?

Hi @rwxsu,

It can take a few days for the request to be actioned unfortunately. I see the request is still outstanding but I'll keep an eye out.

Appreciate your patience!

Hi @PeLbmaN,

I've received confirmation that your request has been recently been actioned. It can take a bit of time to propagate, but if you are still having issues do let me know.

Thanks for your patience!

Hi @mvkfg,

Appreciate your patience. I've received confirmation that your request has been recently been actioned. It can take a bit of time to propagate, but if you are still having issues do let me know.

Thanks again for raising the issue!

Thanks Carly - can confirm we were able to download!

1 Like

Hello!

Getting 403 forbidden when trying to access https://epr.elastic.co/search?package=docker&prerelease=false&kibana.version=8.11.1 from datacenter in Amsterdam.

{
  "ip": "78.111.85.9",
  "hostname": "dns-3.cloudninjas.shop",
  "city": "Amsterdam",
  "region": "North Holland",
  "country": "NL",
  "loc": "52.3083,4.9425",
  "org": "AS208951 ITGLOBAL.COM NL B.V.",
  "postal": "1101",
  "timezone": "Europe/Amsterdam",
  "readme": "https://ipinfo.io/missingauth"
}
  • ip:"134.17.26.60",

• hostname:"email.minskproekt.by",

• city:"Minsk",

• region:"Minsk City",

• loc:"53.9000,27.5667",

• org:"AS25106 Mobile TeleSystems JLLC",

• postal:"220002",

• timezone:"Europe/Minsk",

Hi @mamedin,

I've had word these IPS are already unblocked, so if you're still having issues let us know which URL you're struggling with.

Thanks for flagging @hypercolored. I've flagged the issue to the team to look at. I'll revert back when I've received an update.

1 Like

Hi @Clmsvie,

The team have had a look and your IP is already allowed under our rules. Can you please check again and let us know if you are still having issues downloading and which URL you are having a problem with?

Hi @hypercolored,

I've received word today that your IP has been unblocked. Can you try again and let us know if you're still facing an issue downloading?

Hope that helps!

Everything works fine now, thank you very much!

1 Like

Hi, the IP is "144.217.95.15" located in Canada. is it also banned?

Hi @louai_bicc,

Welcome to the community! I've double checked your IP details and they match an ASN that I've been notified previously is already allowed and traffic is coming through as expected.

There might be something else at play here. Can you please share the URL that you are trying that results in a 403?

Thank you very much for your quick support.
Here is the command that gives the error:
wget -qO - https://artifacts.elastic.co/GPG-KEY-elasticsearch | sudo gpg --dearmor -o /usr/share/keyrings/elasticsearch-keyring.gpg

This is the error:
gpg: no valid OpenPGP data found.

Ok, you're not running behind a corporate proxy and being blocked by any chance?

A few things to try:

1. Try running separate commands without the pipe, similar to the guide.
  2. The no-certificate-check as outlined in this old thread.

I have tried both but unfortunately I'm still getting the error.

Resolving artifacts.elastic.co (artifacts.elastic.co)... 2600:1901:0:1d7::, 34.120.127.130
Connecting to artifacts.elastic.co (artifacts.elastic.co)|2600:1901:0:1d7::|:443... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 403 Forbidden
2023-11-27 11:28:59 ERROR 403: Forbidden.

Ok, can you try a apt install instead?

Before I raise another ticket can you confirm you're not sitting behind a corporate proxy or other mechanism that could be blocking the install? Just want to make sure since the rules seem to have already been unblocked on our side.

Hi Carly,
Yes, I confirm that there is no other proxy. I'm trying to do the installation on a freshly sat-up rented server. I tried apt install as well but still getting the same 403 forbidden.
Many thanks for your assistance.

Thanks for confirming @louai_bicc. I've raised the issue to check the rule and see if there's anything else we can advise.

1 Like