Assign Master and ML both roles to same node?

Hi Team,

We plan to use Platinum license

1. Can I assign ML and Master both roles on single/same node?
  2. From license count perspective, if I use 3 master and 3 ML both roles assigned to those 3 master nodes, will that be considered as 3 License count or 6 License count?
  3. How much RAM as a standard should I assign for JVM for master to run smoothly and for ML

I plan to assign 64 GB RAM with 16 cores per node for above 3 nodes.

The reason I am trying to assign both roles to same node is to save on cost because just for Master (8 or 10 GB RAM) I need to spend entire 1 license cost hence want to share that cost with other licensed role.

Below 6 license are considered separately:
I do plan for HOT (3 nodes) & WARM (3 nodes) again with all 64 GB RAM + 12 core

Appreciate your thoughts on this

Can you please edit your post to remove the formatting, it makes your questions really hard to read.

@warkolm yes done.

1. Yes. Make all 3 nodes master eligible + ML
  2. it's 2 instances of Elasticsearch, so 3 licenses
  3. That depends

ok thanks, I did not understood your statement about "its 2 instances" part. There will be actually 3 nodes having dual roles of Master + ML on all 3 nodes.

That's a typo, I meant 3 instances, so 3 licenses.

ok thanks. Its not only elasticsearch but those nodes will also work as ML job processing server. So even if Master (Elasticsearch) & ML server role hosted on same server will be considered as single license you mean?

In such dual role, how should we plan for allocation of available RAM for both roles?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.