Machine Learning node Pricing

Hi Elastic,

I have 20 nodes data Elastic in my Cluster on Premises with Basic License, Can I add 2 nodes machine learning for ML Job (Security Rule ML) and pay license for only 2 nodes ML ?

If not! What is the way to optimize pricing in my cluster for some ML job such as Security Rule Machine Learning ?

2 Likes

I have 20 nodes data Elastic in my Cluster on Premises with Basic License, Can I add 2 nodes machine learning for ML Job (Security Rule ML) and pay license for only 2 nodes ML ?

The simple answer here is no, all nodes in a cluster must have the same license.

If not! What is the way to optimize pricing in my cluster for some ML job such as Security Rule Machine Learning ?

The slightly more complex answer, is it depends. The minimum license required is Platinum for ML, to my knowledge this license is a "per node" license, but each node can have 64GB of RAM (~30GB Heap). The other license is Enterprise, which is licensed by slightly differently*. Enterprise also gives you features like searchable snapshots (and partial searchable snapshots), these features can greatly help reduce the overall resource needs if you're dealing will long-term/archival data.

* I'd recommend reaching out to Elastic sales to discuss licensing in more detail as the reps are generally more knowledgeable and will probably be able to assist here more.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.