Automating visualization entries in .kibana index

We have common log types across different application and I want to automate the creation of visualization entry in .kibana index from the template (exported json from kibana) I created.

I am following the post below but the last suggestion was, the only way to create a visualization is through kibana manual import. When I tried to perform PUT of my visualization data, I faced same issue: "Rejecting mapping update to [.kibana] as the final mapping would have more than 1 type: [visualization, doc]"

Is there any way now to automate the visualization entry creation and deal with more than 1 document type? I am using 6.3.2 version. Please advise

Hello,
I faced the same issue as you, and I came up with using Bulk API. You should carefully read the documentation because you should know how you split the metadata fields and the data fields.

I find a work around. I created templates and inject the values automatically per application and log type. Once the visualization json is ready, for the moment I import it manually and select the targeted index.

My end goal is to automate it using REST call via POST method, but I am currently facing some challenges at this point, if I can replicate the way kibana form the POST request, my issue will be solved.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.