Bar chart comparing time frames

Dear fellow users,

so, I'm new to Kibana and don't know how to accomplish the following task. I would be very if someone could help me with that.

I have a data set of bookings, where each booking has a startTimestamp and an endTimestamp. For both timestamps, I also have a field "XXXhours", so a "startHours" and an "endHours" which allows me to see bookings for each hour of the day.
Now, I managed to create a bar chart that shows me the number of bookings every hour easily (Bucket: Histogram, field: startHours, Minimum interval: 1).
With the date field next to "Refresh" button, I can set e.g. one week I desire to see.

I now want to compare one week to another. How can I tell histogram Bucket to choose another time frame, relative to the one chosen in time frame filter?

Yours
Graphity

Hi @Graphity,

I can't think of a good way to do this - a thing that comes close is to add the visualization twice to a dashboard and set a custom time range (accessible from the context menu) for one vis:

The overwritten time range wouldn't update automatically if you change the time range of the dashboard in the top right though.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.