Basic math on numbers in elastic search

Would like to do simple math on aggregations of documents, eg collectd disk plugin has free and used integer values and would like to calculate:

% disk free: free/(used+free)
derivitive of disk usage to predict when a disk will run out of space: -(free)/d(free)/dt

similarly interface plugin in collectd is a total of bytes tx and rx and need to calculate derivative of rx and tx to see bytes/time

This is easy to do in graphite which has many useful functions, eg "most deviant" which pulls out the top 5 metrics based on standard deviation.
would rather have everything in elastic than to split numeric time series into graphite

Have you tried using an experimental Kibana plugin called Timelion? It was developed to deal with exactly this kind of time-series oriented operations on metric data: https://www.elastic.co/blog/timelion-timeline

Hi Tanya,

I need to predict data points for 3 next month, I use this command:
.es(index_stoz_baie_srdfbusy_histo, timefield=@timestamp),.es(metric='avg:BUSY').lines().label(BUSY).movingaverage(1)

In the help command, it show that .movingaverage need 2 arguments : window=number, position=string|null.
position=right, center, or left.
But, how I can predict data for the next 3 months ? I don't understand...

Regards.