Behavioral Analytics vs App Search Analytics

Hi Elastic,

I would like to understand more how does Behavioral Analytics and App Search Analytics differ from each other.

As I read through the documentation, I do understand both can collect the result clicks, searches and counts.

What makes this two product differences is that, if the application team does not use Elastic as their search engine and just wanted to collect the user behavior then they can implement the Behavioral Analytics.

But I kinda feel both of this features is kind of redundant.

Is there anything more beyond than App Search Analytics that can be done in Behavioral Analytics? Is there any information on this?

Thanks.

Hi,

I'm going to elaborate more as the reason why I've been asking the Behaviour Analytics is because I'm getting use case from my user and wondering if Elastic able to do this.

Below is the use case :

• Results Pageviews / Search: How many pages of results a user views after executing a search. Ideally the result they want is in the first page or two of results
  • Percentage Search Exits: The percent of searches where the user left without clicking through any result. This is analogous to a bounce rate
  • Average Search Depth: How many pageviews users had after executing a search
  • Time after Search: How much time users spend on the site after the search

I believe in point number 2 would be the one top queries with no clicks.

But not sure how to manipulate this.

Appreciate your guidance.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.