Blank page with sidebar after upgrading from 2.4 to 5.3

Hello everyone,

Today I decided to upgrade ELK following the instructions on and friends (elasticsearch, filebeat, logstash)

After all was completed, I only got a blank page with the kibana sidebar.

I've seen it's a common problem and I've tried all solutions I could find. I've installed the packages using the repository. I've deleted the index with curl -XDELETE http://localhost:9200/.kibana

The status page works and all is green, however:

root@helisrv:/home/heli# curl -XGET 'localhost:9200/_cat/health?pretty'
1491843733 19:02:13 elasticsearch yellow 1 1 1626 1626 0 0 1626 0 - 50.0%

I've stopped and restarted all services, I've tried adding /app/kibana on the basePath since I have kibana at serverip/app/kibana and it is proxied by apache. Ah right, I use Apache2 not nginx.

I don't know what else to try other than purging all configuration and starting over. I already deleted the index, altought I have a backup of the configuration files.

Also, the timelion link returns a 'url not found' page error.

The only errors reported by firebug worht mentioning are:
"NetworkError: 404 Not Found -"
"NetworkError: 404 Not Found -"

and there are also several fonts and svg marked as not found.

Something else I could try? The next thing is purging and reinstalling from scratch and see what happens.

What is your current setup? If you have more nodes in your cluster, you could have another .kibana index around in another node.
You can also try a clear cache in the browser and restarting your ES and Kibana cluster.

At the moment I'm just trying to get the localhost to work,
filebeat+logstash+elasticsearch+kibana on the syslog. So I guess there
should not be any other index. I've tried restarting ES and Kibana already,
even the full server. I've also tried using another browser and also a
browser on localhost, same issue.

The structure is very simple at the moment, later I'll add another server.

I had the 'Kibana blank page' problem and I read lots of posts and I finally found my problem so I'll post it in case it helps other people. I recently went from two nodes to one so I thought that had something to do with it, but it didn't. What I did was this: I had been learning about users and roles and I created a new user (subsequently to be used for doing demos from the prototype I built - I'm an extreme novice). Somehow this user I created became the default user for Kibana login. The privileges of the user were too low to see anything, so all pages blank!! I logged out and logged back in with full rights and boom, everything is there again. Hope this helps someone.

Oh well, I reinstalled the whole thing so...

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.