Can i change the Y axis to represent timestamp based data?

I am relatively new to elasticsearch and trying my best to understand Elastic stack by referring docs and videos. I have setup heartbeat to monitor a list of hosts ( ICMP monitoring ). I am able to successfully connect heartbeat data with elasticsearch. While the inbuilt dashboards for heartbeat looks good enough, what I am interested in is a simple bar chart where the one axis should be timestamp which can be broken down into hours/minutes/days while the other axis would talk about the host and their ping response. I am interested in something like the auto generated visualization seen under "Discover" for a heartbeat data.

Hi muthu saravana

If i understand you correctly then you want to have the count in y axis (like in discover) and the timestamp in the x axis where you can break down.

Follow these steps:

go to visualize:

click on the plus and select vertical bar
choose heartbeat-* on the lefthandside
You should be in the verticalbar visualiser now:
On the left hand side under buckets choose the x-Axis and change these as config

Press the play button on the left handside
interval changings under Buckets/Interval (use auto if possible)
For more inf, see docs

@thekm1 Thanks for your response. Sorry if did mention it clearly in my original post. I am using heartbeat module to monitor my machines are up or down. I am looking out for a chart where Y-axis would be the timestamp and X-axis the hosts. It should be a timestamp vs host chart with their UP and DOWN status highlighted using some colors.

hi muthu saravana,
I'm not sure if this matches your requirement, but give it a try.
Set the heaptmap vis. with the following config
--x-Axis with Term aggregation on the different type of hosts
--y-Axis with status type term agg
--split-chart in row with a timestamp agg.
you will get something like this. (i couldn't find the color changing...)

Let me know if my answer helped you.
regards thekm1

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.