Can we add dynamic text to our dashboard?

Hi,

I am new to Kibana reporting. Is there any way to add Dynamic text to Kibana using any API or using Python script.

Thanks in advance.

Hi @Sugunakar,

Can you give a bit more information what kind of dynamic data you want to include? Is it from a source or can it be calculated via a field in Elasticsearch?

Hi @carly.richmond,

As per our use case we will get data from a source. That text data must be added to our dashboard. The text that was sent from the source will be varying. That dynamic text must be added to dashboard. Here text means a paragraph.

Sorry what is the source? Is it an API, REST endpoint, DB, Elasticsearch, executable script?

The source is an API.

Thanks for confirming. I'm not aware of any way for Kibana to make calls to an API. Is there a way for the text to be extracted from the source into Elasticsearch? That way it can be extracted to your dashboard.

We can send the source text into Elasticsearch and it will be tagged as text field automatically, where in TSVB accepts only the keyword fields to display the dynamic content. We are looking for the dynamic text summary display using TSVB to dashboard.

I'm not aware of any way to make API calls in TSVB visualisations so I don't think this can be done. Markdown panels can be used in TSVB to embed some content such as images, but that wouldn't extend to the dynamic text you're trying to integrate.

Hopefully someone else will chime in if it can.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.