Cannot create index pattern

Hi,

I have used logstash with jdbc to transfer data from a mySQL databse to ES. However when I try to create an index pattern in Kibana I get the following error-message:

"Could not locate that index-pattern (id: false), click here to re-create it"

I do get: "Success! Your index pattern matches 1 index." in step 1. But after clicking "Create index pattern" in step 2, i get the error-message.

What could be the problem?

1 Like

Hi,

Couple of questions.

1. Which version of the stack you are using?
  2. Can you please post a screenshot of the error and which part of Kibana you are seeing?

Thanks,
Bhavya

Hi!

1. 6.3.0 (for all three)
  2. This screens gets shown after I have clicked "Create index pattern" in step 2. The error automatically sends me back to step 1 as you can see.

Thank you for taking the time!

//C

Hi,

So this error comes in when you are trying to open a object associated with that index-pattern. Looks like you have leads as your indices in elasticsearch. Can you please click ok and try to create leads index pattern?

Also what is the reference to step 2 here? Creating an index pattern page - 2 where you can pick a timefield if it exists or something else?

Thanks,
Bhavya

Hi!

These are all steps in chronological order.

//C

HUH ok. Going to look around. Thanks for clarification.

Cheers,
Bhavya

Okey great. Thank you for taking the time, means a lot!

//C

1 Like

Hi @carlnordling,

Can you use the Dev Console to send me the results of this request?

POST .kibana/_search
{
  "query": {
    "term": {
      "type": {
        "value": "index-pattern"
      }
    }
  }
}
Hi!

Result:

{
  "took": 7,
  "timed_out": false,
  "_shards": {
    "total": 1,
    "successful": 1,
    "skipped": 0,
    "failed": 0
  },
  "hits": {
    "total": 1,
    "max_score": 1.3862944,
    "hits": [
      {
        "_index": ".kibana",
        "_type": "doc",
        "_id": "index-pattern:735b09e0-72ea-11e8-ba35-d18293c5c302",
        "_score": 1.3862944,
        "_source": {
          "type": "index-pattern",
          "updated_at": "2018-06-18T11:29:14.152Z",
          "index-pattern": {
            "title": "cars*",
            "fields": """[{"name":"@timestamp","type":"date","count":0,"scripted":false,"searchable":true,"aggregatable":true,"readFromDocValues":true},{"name":"@version","type":"string","count":0,"scripted":false,"searchable":true,"aggregatable":false,"readFromDocValues":false},{"name":"@version.keyword","type":"string","count":0,"scripted":false,"searchable":true,"aggregatable":true,"readFromDocValues":true},{"name":"_id","type":"string","count":0,"scripted":false,"searchable":true,"aggregatable":true,"readFromDocValues":false},{"name":"_index","type":"string","count":0,"scripted":false,"searchable":true,"aggregatable":true,"readFromDocValues":false},{"name":"_score","type":"number","count":0,"scripted":false,"searchable":false,"aggregatable":false,"readFromDocValues":false},{"name":"_source","type":"_source","count":0,"scripted":false,"searchable":false,"aggregatable":false,"readFromDocValues":false},{"name":"_type","type":"string","count":0,"scripted":false,"searchable":true,"aggregatable":true,"readFromDocValues":false},{"name":"body_type","type":"string","count":0,"scripted":false,"searchable":true,"aggregatable":false,"readFromDocValues":false},{"name":"body_type.keyword","type":"string","count":0,"scripted":false,"searchable":true,"aggregatable":true,"readFromDocValues":true},{"name":"color_slug","type":"string","count":0,"scripted":false,"searchable":true,"aggregatable":false,"readFromDocValues":false},{"name":"color_slug.keyword","type":"string","count":0,"scripted":false,"searchable":true,"aggregatable":true,"readFromDocValues":true},{"name":"date_created","type":"string","count":0,"scripted":false,"searchable":true,"aggregatable":false,"readFromDocValues":false},{"name":"date_created.keyword","type":"string","count":0,"scripted":false,"searchable":true,"aggregatable":true,"readFromDocValues":true},{"name":"date_last_seen","type":"string","count":0,"scripted":false,"searchable":true,"aggregatable":false,"readFromDocValues":false},{"name":"date_last_seen.keyword","type":"string","count":0,"scripted":false,"searchable":true,"aggregatable":true,"readFromDocValues":true},{"name":"door_count","type":"number","count":0,"scripted":false,"searchable":true,"aggregatable":true,"readFromDocValues":true},{"name":"engine_displacement","type":"string","count":0,"scripted":false,"searchable":true,"aggregatable":false,"readFromDocValues":false},{"name":"engine_displacement.keyword","type":"string","count":0,"scripted":false,"searchable":true,"aggregatable":true,"readFromDocValues":true},{"name":"engine_power","type":"number","count":0,"scripted":false,"searchable":true,"aggregatable":true,"readFromDocValues":true},{"name":"fuel_type","type":"string","count":1,"scripted":false,"searchable":true,"aggregatable":false,"readFromDocValues":false},{"name":"fuel_type.keyword","type":"string","count":0,"scripted":false,"searchable":true,"aggregatable":true,"readFromDocValues":true},{"name":"host","type":"string","count":0,"scripted":false,"searchable":true,"aggregatable":false,"readFromDocValues":false},{"name":"host.keyword","type":"string","count":0,"scripted":false,"searchable":true,"aggregatable":true,"readFromDocValues":true},{"name":"maker","type":"string","count":1,"scripted":false,"searchable":true,"aggregatable":false,"readFromDocValues":false},{"name":"maker.keyword","type":"string","count":0,"scripted":false,"searchable":true,"aggregatable":true,"readFromDocValues":true},{"name":"manufacture_year","type":"string","count":1,"scripted":false,"searchable":true,"aggregatable":false,"readFromDocValues":false},{"name":"manufacture_year.keyword","type":"string","count":0,"scripted":false,"searchable":true,"aggregatable":true,"readFromDocValues":true},{"name":"message","type":"string","count":0,"scripted":false,"searchable":true,"aggregatable":false,"readFromDocValues":false},{"name":"message.keyword","type":"string","count":0,"scripted":false,"searchable":true,"aggregatable":true,"readFromDocValues":true},{"name":"milage","type":"number","count":0,"scripted":false,"searchable":true,"aggregatable":true,"readFromDocValues":true},{"name":"model","type":"string","count":0,"scripted":false,"searchable":true,"aggregatable":false,"readFromDocValues":false},{"name":"model.keyword","type":"string","count":0,"scripted":false,"searchable":true,"aggregatable":true,"readFromDocValues":true},{"name":"path","type":"string","count":0,"scripted":false,"searchable":true,"aggregatable":false,"readFromDocValues":false},{"name":"path.keyword","type":"string","count":0,"scripted":false,"searchable":true,"aggregatable":true,"readFromDocValues":true},{"name":"price_eur","type":"number","count":1,"scripted":false,"searchable":true,"aggregatable":true,"readFromDocValues":true},{"name":"seat_count","type":"number","count":0,"scripted":false,"searchable":true,"aggregatable":true,"readFromDocValues":true},{"name":"stk_year","type":"string","count":0,"scripted":false,"searchable":true,"aggregatable":false,"readFromDocValues":false},{"name":"stk_year.keyword","type":"string","count":0,"scripted":false,"searchable":true,"aggregatable":true,"readFromDocValues":true},{"name":"transmission","type":"string","count":0,"scripted":false,"searchable":true,"aggregatable":false,"readFromDocValues":false},{"name":"transmission.keyword","type":"string","count":0,"scripted":false,"searchable":true,"aggregatable":true,"readFromDocValues":true}]"""
          }
        }
      }
    ]
  }
}

I had an index named cars but i removed it from ES.

Thank you for helping!

//C

I think this is the problem.

Can you try recreating this index and adding a single document? Do that and try to create this other index pattern and see if that works.

Thanks

I do not think that this is the problem since I removed the index after the error-message started showing up, thinking that it could be the problem in it self. But I can try anyway!

//C

Hi,

I tried it and it did not work unfortunately.

//C

Can you try again but this time, open the Dev Tools and check for any errors? Assuming there are no errors, can you also look at the Network tab and look at the response from the creation request (should be a POST/PUT) and paste that in here?

What kinds of errors am I searching for? And how should I search for them exactly?

Network tab:

POST http://localhost:5601/api/saved_objects/index-pattern 403 (Forbidden)
(anonymous) @ vendors.bundle.js:133
sendReq @ vendors.bundle.js:133
serverRequest @ vendors.bundle.js:133
processQueue @ vendors.bundle.js:133
$digest @ vendors.bundle.js:133
$apply @ vendors.bundle.js:133
done @ vendors.bundle.js:133
completeRequest @ vendors.bundle.js:133
xhr.onload @ vendors.bundle.js:133
load (async)
sendReq @ vendors.bundle.js:133
serverRequest @ vendors.bundle.js:133
processQueue @ vendors.bundle.js:133
$digest @ vendors.bundle.js:133
completeOutstandingRequest @ vendors.bundle.js:133
setTimeout (async)
Browser.self.defer @ vendors.bundle.js:133
$evalAsync @ vendors.bundle.js:133
scheduleProcessQueue @ vendors.bundle.js:133
then @ vendors.bundle.js:133
chainInterceptors @ vendors.bundle.js:133
$http @ vendors.bundle.js:133
value @ commons.bundle.js:3
findObjectByTitle @ commons.bundle.js:3
(anonymous) @ kibana.bundle.js:7
tryCatch @ vendors.bundle.js:133
prototype.(anonymous function) @ vendors.bundle.js:133
step @ kibana.bundle.js:7
Promise.then (async)
step @ kibana.bundle.js:7
StepTimeField._this.createIndexPattern @ kibana.bundle.js:7
Ja @ vendors.bundle.js:141
invokeGuardedCallback @ vendors.bundle.js:149
invokeGuardedCallbackAndCatchFirstError @ vendors.bundle.js:149
Za @ vendors.bundle.js:141
cb @ vendors.bundle.js:141
gb @ vendors.bundle.js:141
ab @ vendors.bundle.js:141
lb @ vendors.bundle.js:141
sd @ vendors.bundle.js:149
rd @ vendors.bundle.js:141
batchedUpdates @ vendors.bundle.js:141
tc @ vendors.bundle.js:141
vd @ vendors.bundle.js:141

Thanks!

//C

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.