Canvas/metricbeat issues

Hello guys,

I have ELK stack 7.6 running in a kubernetes cluster.
I have also deployed metricbeat (among several modules, I am using "azure" module, to retrieve some pertinent data regarding cpu usage and other metrics related to azure VMs).
Everything's working fine, I am getting the desired fields ...
However, as I am trying to build a canvas dashboard in kibana, I am encountring some weird behavior.
I added a "progress semicircle" visualization and here's a snippet of the code :

filters group="Machines" group="subscription " ungrouped=true

| essql

query="SELECT AVG(\"azure.compute_vm.percentage_cpu.avg\") AS CPU

FROM \"metricbeat-*\"

WHERE HOUR(\"@timestamp\")=HOUR(CURRENT_DATE())"

| math "round(CPU/100,2)"

| progress shape="semicircle" label={formatnumber "0%"}

font={font size=24 family="'Open Sans', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif" color="#000000" align="center"}

| render

-> The issue here sometime it works fine, but most of the times it does'n work and I get this error : "[math] > Failed to execute math expression. Check your column names".

Furthermore, I am trying to use filters in my workpad, and here's one of the examples:

esdocs index="metricbeat-*" fields="azure.resource.name"

| dropdownControl valueColumn="azure.resource.name" filterColumn="azure.resource.name" filterGroup="Machines"

| render

containerStyle={containerStyle border=" #000000" backgroundColor="#48A8E0" overflow="visible"} css=".canvasRenderEl {

font-weight: bold !important;

color: #48A8E0;

}"

-> As usual, I am getting a weird behavior, as sometimes it works just fine and sometimes there'S nothing(here I mean I get the dropdown filter in the workpad but none of the "azure.resource.name" appear).

And finally, when I first open the workpad I get a "timed out error after 3000ms" on one of the pages where I am using the above visualizations (after refreshing the page, the error doesn't appear again). I thought maybe it was a matter of Kibana performance but kibana pod is not even close from using all of the allocated memory and CPU)

I was wondering if you could help me please solve these issues.

Thanks in advance.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.