CANVAS QUERY DEFAULT IS MANUALLY REFRESH?

Hi, I have built some canvas with much of CSS and heavy element inside (query, gif,...). I wonder when the canvas do some query to Elasticsearch and if it default is manually refresh (It will not refresh or do any query until I reload/refresh it).
And what difference between "Auto refresh settings" and "Autoplay settings" in View tab?
I did not found the orginal document about this.
Thanks for reading my post.

Hi @Anh_Nguyen,

Welcome back! I believe the difference is the autoplay settings are for the presentation options, but refresh is for the rate of refreshing the data from Elasticsearch.

That's what's suggested from this portion of the documentation.

Hope that helps!

Thankyou. About the canvas query: Is the canvas do some query to Elasticsearch and if it default is manually refresh (It will not refresh or do any query until I reload/refresh it). I am finding why my "search.query_current" always have running/pending search while I am not make any query.

And is it do auto-refresh when I do not open the canvas/dashboard?

Can you share what refresh settings you have and the query you are running in the background? It might be a long running query that is causing the issue.

Not the issue with the system. I want to know the settings default is that if the canvas auto-refresh enable when not opening or opening canvas workpad.

I would check the settings on your own workpad, but I think the settings by default are manual for both refresh and autoplay. This means the data won't auto-update.

But you can specify a refresh interval using the below options:

Note I'm using 8.10 to check.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.