Change the index pattern name of a visualisation Elastic 7.7(premium)

Hi,

I want to change the index pattern of a visualisation. I tried to it inspecting the visualisation in saved object but there is no name of the index pattern there.
How can I do that?

Basically I want to change the index pattern name of an entire dashboard that has many visualisations with the same index pattern.

Thank you very much in advance!

/Angelos

Hi Angelos,

It's not currently possible to change the index pattern of an existing visualization. Instead, you will need to rebuild the visualization using the new index pattern.

This is being tracked here: https://github.com/elastic/kibana/issues/17542

Hi Tyler,

Thank you for the response.
But in the previous versions you could that.
In the saved objects someone could change the id of the index pattern inside the "references".
So previously there was references information but now it is empty.

Was that removed from 7.7?

/Angelos

setup.kibana.host: "x.x.x.x:5601"
setup.dashboards.index: "xxxxx-*"
set beat output to elasticsearch.

/usr/share/metricbeat/bin/metricbeat setup dashboards

remove existing dashboards. above command upload new dashboards with cutom index patterns. But it only change time serries visulation dashboards. But ont grpahs, metrics, guages.

Hi,

I found a way. It is not optimal but it works.

I exported the saved object, I changed there the id of the index pattern, I removed the old saved object and I imported again.

This is not an efficient way to do this kind of changes and I look forward to a solution.

/Angelos

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.