Changes 5.1.1 to 5.2.1

Hi,
I have created new chart and it was working perfectly in 5.2.1. But after update for 5.2.2. it says:

TypeError: Cannot read property 'length' of undefined
_ at bind (kibana.bundle.js?v=14707:52)_
_ at Array.d3_selectionPrototype.data (kibana.bundle.js?v=14707:52)_
_ at HTMLDivElement. (kibana.bundle.js?v=14707:56)_
_ at kibana.bundle.js?v=14707:52_
_ at d3_selection_each (kibana.bundle.js?v=14707:48)_
_ at Array.d3_selectionPrototype.each (kibana.bundle.js?v=14707:52)_
_ at Array. (kibana.bundle.js?v=14707:56)_
_ at Array.d3_selectionPrototype.call (kibana.bundle.js?v=14707:52)_
_ at Layout.value (kibana.bundle.js?v=14707:61)_
_ at kibana.bundle.js?v=14707:61_

The error in kibana.bundle.js?v=14707:56 is:
function bind(group,groupData){var i,node,nodeData,n=group.length,m=groupData.length,...

What is groupData? Elasticsearch returns correct data in response.

Can you please give some more details about the visualization (type, options) and aggregations used?

Sure, it's Force-Directed Graph. I just get the data from Elasticsearch and then in my code I create associative field that I need for this type of chart. But the error pop up before my code is triggered (I put console.log in the beginning).
Do you need more info?

Interesting, this error is being thrown by d3, so your plugin must not be working the way it should. I'm sorry but I don't think I'll be able to debug that remotely. Check that your vistype is unique and that the visualization you creates is still being properly mapped to your vistype. If you describe how you implemented the custom vis I might be able to help more. Links to a Github repository where I could see the code would be very helpful.

I've spent whole day working on it and I've found out if I set hierarchicalData to true, it works. I will receive the data to my chart but in wrong format (I don't want hierarchical). Do you know why it works? :smiley:

Hmm, any chance you can hop over to IRC and ping me there?

No, I can't. But here is my code https://github.com/Akaren13/kibana/
Sorry for code style, it's not done yet.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.