Changes in Kibana request api from 4.1 to 4.6 (5.x)?

Hi there,

we're currently running on ES 1.7.x with Kibana 4.1.x and are planning to upgrade to ES 2.4.x and Kibana 4.6.

Everything us fine, but the configuration of our Nginx (in front of Kibana) troubles me.
Since the new path inside of Kibana is now /app/kibanaI'm curious if we could do simple rewrites of our current URL /kibana4to /app/kibana.

Our questions are:

• Has the request/URL-schema changed?
  • Will it change on our way to 5.x?

Why am I asking? Because we'd like to migrate, but don't want to break the already defined URLs to stored dashboards or visualisations. (simple URL rewrite would still work!)

Yeah, in 4.2 we made a fair amount of changes to support the app and plugin ecosystem but we tried pretty hard to maintain backwards compatibility.

When you upgrade to 4.x or 5.x make sure to set the server.basePath setting in kibana.yml to "/kibana4" and Kibana should just work and redirect users correctly.

Hi @spalger,

thank you very much for your answer.

So I just have to make some redirects and create a rewrite-rule to change the Index-name in the URL (timestamp-pattern vs. *).

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.