Chart with the time of the whole traces

Hi,

In APM view I can see the full trace and from the chart I can read the whole time of the trace. Is it possible to create a query to create a chart with multiple traces. Specifically I would like to have traces which has breached some threshold.

I cannot really use the transactions time, because the time which is the most important is between transactions. Exact case is: one service is sending the message to JMS queue another one is supposed to pick it up quickly. Both services are creating transactions. I need to find the time between those transaction. Or generally the time between the start of first transaction in trace and the end of last one.

While I cannot provide any smart idea for charting exactly what you are looking for, I can propose an alternative - unless you disabled timestamps in your JMS client, all transactions created by message receiver should have a context.message.age.ms field, which is essentially the subtraction of message creation timestamp from message receive timestamp (clock skews cannot be considered of course).
I hope this helps.

Hi @Eyal_Koren,

this can be used as a partial solution for the main problem we have. Thank you.

But if anything more generic would be possible, I would be glad to hear about it.

Maybe you can use transform/roll up to calculate the time between transactions. We are using it to calculate the the total time of a trace (from the start of the first transaction until the end of the last transaction).

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.