Client request error: self signed certificate

Hi, I've got the following configuration

Nginx as reverse proxy for Elasticsearch with basic authentication and a self-signed certificate. I point my Kibana to the reverse proxy: https://192.168.X.X and indicating the elasticsearch.username and elasticsearch.password correctly. Everything seems to work but I got two errors:

First: When I try to use the KIbana Console I obtain the error "Client request error: self signed certificate" and I don't know what attribute I need to change to not verify the certificate.

Second: When I try to use Timelion I get "Timelion: Error: in cell #1: [reduce_search_phase_exception] [reduce]", I already added the "scripts.inline: true" and "scripts.store: true" to the elasticsearch.yml, but this doesn't work.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

It might help to install your self-signed certs in your local trust store. Are you on Ubuntu? If so, here's some bash commands I use to set up a Ubuntu VM (and I disable IPv6 since my certs don't have it included);

cp $QADIR/../certs/ca/ca.crt /usr/local/share/ca-certificates/
  cp $QADIR/../certs/elasticsearch/elasticsearch.crt /usr/local/share/ca-certificates/
  cp $QADIR/../certs/kibana/kibana.crt /usr/local/share/ca-certificates/
  update-ca-certificates

echo "net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6 = 1" >> /etc/sysctl.conf
  echo "net.ipv6.conf.default.disable_ipv6 = 1" >> /etc/sysctl.conf
  echo "net.ipv6.conf.lo.disable_ipv6 = 1" >> /etc/sysctl.conf
  sysctl -p
  cat /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/all/disable_ipv6

Redhat/CentOS is a little different directories and commands;

cp $QADIR/../certs/kibana/kibana.crt /etc/pki/ca-trust/source/anchors/
  sudo update-ca-trust extract

Maybe fixing your first issue will resolve the second issue?

Regards,
Lee

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.