Combine master /child index for server metrics

We are collecting server metrics via beats. we want to get server details in visualization like datacenter , memory size etc in the dashboard . instead of adding custom fields . i have created a statis index without timestamp field but with counter. i have created a tag cloud visualization , for datacenter with max of counter,descending 1 and added into dashboard .

whenever i search hostname in dashboard . my other visualisation using metric index shows data and static visualization also correctly shows datacenter .

questions

1. if i want to show both datacenter , memory size , do i need to add another tag cloud visualization in dashboard.
    Cannot this all information from static be displayed in single visualization ?or some visualization type i need to select ?
    is there any way to display free text field [non aggregate ] field to display

2. as i have static index without timestamp , it will always show latest value [max counter] irrespective of the time .
    for example . if i increased memory today , viewing dashboard [yesterday timing ] still shows this static visualization with new memory size instead of old . is there any workaround for this as maintenance is easy in elk instead adding custom field in metricbeat yml in every server

Hi @vijay_kaali,

I'm sorry, but I'm having trouble understanding the question. Could you maybe illustrate you use-case with sample documents and/or screenshots? I understand that this might not be possible due to privacy aspects, but maybe it's doable with some redactions.

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.